Tuesday, October 4, 2016

20 Best Photos Of Fall Break-KAABOO Del Mar

Almost Gatsby
This was the finished product at the end of KAABOO on Sunday. The artist worked on it the whole weekend, day and night. I really like how it turned out-it reminds me of the cover of The Great Gatsby.


Blue Eyes
Just like the painting above, this artist worked on this painting the whole weekend, and this was the finished product. I like that the face is realistic and there is geometric shapes around it. You can actually see the artist getting his finishing touches in on the bottom.

Beautiful Disaster
At first glance, this painting looks really pretty. But when you look at it up close, you can see that it is kind of a dark painting. I really liked it, and it was one of the first paintings I saw that weekend.

Super Massive Rainbow Hole
I like that this painting shows dimension with all of the colours. The shape is very interesting as well. This is also one of the first paintings I saw that weekend.

GROUPLOVE
On Friday, I was really looking forward to see GROUPLOVE. I have liked them for such a long time, and the first time I saw them was in 2012, I believe. Since I know more of their songs now, I was jamming out so hard to them. It was one of the best concerts that day.


Fall Out Boy & Fuel Girls
Fall Out Boy is my absolute favourite band in the whole entire universe.Anyone who knows me knows that. This was on Friday as well, and since I love them so much, my mom and I stayed at this stage from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. The fuel made the show cooler with all of their fire tricks.


Fuel Girls
The fire circle  that she is holding was used to make wings for the lead singer, Patrick, while he was in front. The girl would be behind him. I really liked when the lights were dimmed and you can see the fire clearly.


Pete
Pete, the bass player and my favourite of the whole band, stopped to talk to the crowd twice. This was the first time he stopped, and it was right before their song, "Fourth of July." The other time he stopped to talk, he called out my mom and I and said that He liked the Fall Out Boy headband and outfits we were wearing, and it was the greatest moment of my life, hands down.


Pete & Fuel Girl
Here is Pete playing while one of the Fuel Girls was walking around the stage. With every song came a different background on the screen that would correspond to the song they were playing. You can't really see, but the drummer, Andy, is in the background on the left.


Joe, Patrick, & Andy
The lead guitarist, Joe, left his spot from right stage to come over to left stage and play. The whole band is wearing their "Bloom" merchandise, except for Andy, of course, who never wears a shirt when he plays. "Bloom" is a short film they were working on, and the "Bloom" tour consisted of  the following 5 festivals: Belfast, Leeds, Glasgow, Reading, and Del Mar.


Pete Singing/Shouting
This was most likely when "I Don't Care" was playing. At one point in the song, Pete, as well as the crowd, sing/shout what needs to be repeated from Patrick.


Bowie
I don' remember what song it was, but they wanted to dedicate it to David Bowie. They really love many genres of music, and there are many bands/singers that have inspired them to play music and to keep playing for as long as they can,


Andy & Sparks
I again don't remember what song this was for, but it was still for David Bowie. In the midst of the sparks, you can see Andy standing up on his chair singing out.


Pete & Patrick
At every concert, whenever "American Beauty/American Psycho" comes on, they throw a bunch of huge balloons out into the crowd for everyone to hit around. I love when this happens because when you look out into the crowd, it looks so beautiful.


Bloom
This was towards the end of the show, and towards the part where Pete goes into the crowd and gets held up to touch as many fans' hands as he can. I like that you can see the "Bloom" flowers behind them.


Pete & My Hand
When Pete came into the crowd, I was pushed so hard that I almost couldn't breathe. But I honestly could not care less because I was in the presence of my favourite person in the world, and I could potentially touch his hand. I was really squished, but I managed to get a lot of pictures with one hand, and reach out with my other. Out of all of the Fall Out Bout concerts I've been to, this is the one that I touch his hand at. 5th time's a charm?

Luke Thomas Spiller
This is the lead singer from the UK band, The Struts. I discovered them on 91X I think last year. When I first heard them, I fell in love, and this is the first time I've seen them, and I hope it's not the last. It was absolutely amazing.

Luke pt. 2
Every concert, Luke does an outfit change, and even thought their set was 40 minutes, that didn't stop him from changing into his signature flowing attire. Many people say that he reminds them of a young Freddie Mercury, and I can confidently say that this is very true.


The Struts
This set was such a blast. This picture was taken right before the bow they do at every show. There weren't many people that I wanted to see that Saturday, so for me, this was the best show that day. Sorry Aerosmith.

ALO
Sunday. Oh, Sunday. From all of the jumping and singing and screaming of the previous two days, I was very tired on Sunday. The headliner of the main stage was Jack Johnson, who is my mom's favourite singer on the planet. Like Friday, we stayed here at the main stage from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. ALO is the very first band that played that day on the main stage, and they are very close friends of Jack, as a matter of fact.


The Avett Brothers
This band, founded by Scott and Seth Avett, was the band that played right before Jack. They are a mix of country and rock. I personally wouldn't buy an album from them, but they were pretty cool. The two brothers went out into the crowd to play and sing, which was great. The band was very energetic and fun to watch.


Jack Johnson & Zach Gil
This was probably the 6th time we've seen Jack Johnson in concert, and he never fails to amaze me. Next to him is his piano and accordion player, Zach Gil, who is so talented. At other stages, Donavon Frankenreiter and G. Love and Special Sauce were playing, and since they are also very good friends of Jack, they came on stage at some point and played with him. Surfer, Rob Machado, also came on stage and played. It was a very good time, and I will of course be going back to every KAABOO that comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment